You’ve dreamt about this day, worked tirelessly to make sure every detail is accounted for and now you get to enjoy it. Here are 10 ideas you should do on your Wedding Day!
1. EAT! Have a solid breakfast (do avoid overly salty snacks as they retain water) as you will have a long day ahead of you. Make sure you have some protein and have your wedding party carry some fruit and more snacks that you can munch on before it’s dinnertime.
2. Do not drink to much alcohol or make sure to pace yourself as it’s easy to get tipsy when the nerves are high and the day is long.
3. Wear a silky robe with the wording Bride and have some for your bridesmaids. These create great photo opportunities.
4. Create a Bridesmaids first look. Have a family member or Maid of Honor help you change into your wedding gown. Have your bridesmaids line up with their eyes closed for the grand reveal…No Peeking. 🙂
5. Bring your wedding stationary (save the date, invitations etc) with you and have your photographer create a lay flat with these and other details from your wedding day.
6. Write each other a Love Letter and have the bridesmaids and groomsmen exchange it for you. Make sure your photographer and videographer know about it as you’ll love to see the reaction your future spouse gives.
7. Create a meaningful first look. Not having a first look? Be in a proximity close to each other without being able to see each other and hold hands (ex: bride stands on one side of the door while groom stands on the other). Creates a beautiful moment.
8. Hold hands during the ceremony. Make sure to look at each other during your vows.
9. Tuck a piece of tissue into your bouquet. It may come in handy.
10. Enjoy! Pause and take mental snapshots of the beauty around you while letting the unexpected situations roll off your back. The day will come and go before you know it so take it all in.